- EMC today introduced the latest versions of its EMC® Ionix™ Unified Infrastructure Manager (UIM) software, unique purpose-built management software for VCE Vblock Platforms.
- Ionix UIM simplifies the management and operations across multiple Vblock Platforms, supporting private, public and hybrid cloud environments.
- New Ionix UIM/Provisioning 2.1 software enables “single click” end-to-end Vblock resource provisioning that is 80% more efficient and 5 times faster than other methods.
- New Ionix UIM/Operations 2.1 software enables fast problem identification and resolution of any issues across compute, network and storage, helping IT organizations maximize service uptime and efficiency.
EMCWORLD 2011—LAS VEGAS – May 10, 2011 – EMC Corporation today unveiled new versions of itsEMC Ionix Unified Infrastructure Manager (UIM) software that simplifies and speeds management ofcloud computing infrastructures built on the Virtual Computing Environment Company (VCE) Vblock Infrastructure Platforms. Vblock Platforms bring together best-of-breed technology from Cisco, EMC and VMware into a pre-packaged, pre-validated converged infrastructure.
- EMC Ionix UIM is unique purpose-built management software for the Vblock Platform, the industry’s first completely integrated offering for converged infrastructure and cloud computing. Ionix UIM simplifies the management and operations across multiple Vblock Platforms, supporting private, public and hybrid cloud environments.
- The new Ionix UIM/Provisioning 2.1 software is tightly aligned with VMware vCenter™ , VMware vCenter Operations and VMware vCloud® Director cloud infrastructure and management solutions, and features support for the latest version of Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) manager software. This enables “single click” end-to-end Vblock resource provisioning that is 80% more efficient and 5 times faster than other methods. Also, an expanded API (application programming interface) enables provisioning operations to be initiated by external enterprise management systems.
- The new Ionix UIM/Operations 2.1 software helps to identify and resolve issues faster. Leveraging UIM/Provisioning’s in-depth information about Vblock configurations, UIM/Operations allows fast problem identification and resolution of any issues across compute, network and storage, helping IT organizations maximize service uptime and efficiency.
- Ionix UIM 2.1 also supports the new Vblock Series 300. Vblock Series 300 gives customers the choice of more scalability and automation of the data center operations, allowing simplified management of virtualization and cloud environments for a quicker return on investment.
“As a leading benefit-management company, 45 million patients rely on us to collaborate with their healthcare professionals. UIM will be a key part of our cloud infrastructure and we feel it can significantly simplify management, allowing our staff to focus more of their time on more strategic initiatives. This simplified management is a key benefit of Vblock and gives us the maximum flexibility, performance, availability and scalability to meet the demands of our business and more efficiently deliver healthcare services.”
Bill Moore, Executive Vice President, Chief Technology Officer, CareCore National
“EMC’s Unified Infrastructure Manager supports VMware and EMC’s shared vision for delivering cloud-based IT services. Together with our other cloud infrastructure and management products such as VMware vCloud® Director and vCenter™ Operations, UIM’s policy-driven automation capabilities deliver the ‘Zero-Touch Infrastructure’ and ‘Automated Operations’ that help organizations reduce operating costs while providing a high-quality IT service to both internal and external clients.”
Boaz Chalamish, Vice President and General Manager, Management, VMware
“Vblock platforms enable customers to more quickly and efficiently take advantage of virtualized environments, and the newest version of UIM adds to that efficiency by enabling simplified management across all of the Vblock elements. Integration and management help set our solutions apart as we work to eliminate the costly and time consuming processes that take up the bulk of IT resources in data centers today.”
Phil Harris, Vice President of Engineering at VCE
EMC Executive Quote
“UIM simplifies management and frees up IT resources for more strategic initiatives. Now with the introduction of UIM/Operations and VMware vCenter integration, UIM delivers even greater capability to manage Vblock platforms that enable IT as-a-service and cloud infrastructures.”
Jay Mastaj, Senior Vice President and General Manager, EMC Ionix
- EMC Ionix UIM Provisioning 2.1 is generally available.
- EMC Ionix UIM Operations 2.1 will be available this month.