VMware has just released Update 2 for vSphere 5.0 which contains a few minor new features and of course bug fixes to both ESXi 5.0 Update 2 and vCenter Server 5.0 Update 2.
Main New features
Support for additional guest operating systems – This release adds support for Solaris 11, Solaris 11.1 and Mac OS X Server Lion 10.7.5 guest operating systems.
- The time out option does not work when you re-enable the ESXi Shell and SSH
- If you set a non-zero time out value for SSH & ESXi Shell, the SSH & ESXi Shell gets disabled after reaching the time out value. But, if you re-enable SSH or ESXi Shell without changing the timeout setting, the SSH & ESXi Shell does not timeout.
- DNS might not get configured on hosts installed using scripts that specifies using DHCP
- If you install ESXi host using a script that specifies the host to obtain the network settings from DHCP, after booting, the host is not configured with a DNS. The DNS setting is set to manual with no address specified.
- Reinstallation of ESXi 5.0 does not remove the Datastore label of the local VMFS of an earlier installation
- Re-installation of ESXi 5.0 with an existing local VMFS volume retains the Datastore label even after the user chooses the overwrite datastore option to overwrite the VMFS volume.
More information is available in the release note here.